Call us at 785-364-9649
Recovering from an illness or injury can be difficult. You need qualified professionals to guide you through the rehabilitation process. At Holton Community Hospital, our rehabilitation department offers physical, occupational, speech therapy and dry needling. Our team of licensed therapists and therapy assistants provide individualized attention to help you on your road to recovery.
- Services offered include, but are not limited to:
Physical therapy (PT) is focused on helping individuals recover, improve, or maintain their physical function, mobility, and overall well-being. Treatments focus on a combination of exercise, manual therapy, education, and other interventions to address a wide range of musculoskeletal, neuromuscular, and cardiovascular conditions.
- ASTYM (Augmented Soft Tissue Manipulation) therapy
- Blood flow restriction therapy
- Orthopedic and sports injury rehabilitation
- Post-operative total knee, hip and shoulder rehabilitation
- Stroke rehabilitation – gross motor deficits
- Balance and dizziness retraining
- Back pain rehabilitations
- Pelvic floor therapy – men & women
- Pediatrics – gross motor developmental delays
Occupational therapy (OT) focuses on helping people of all ages to participate in meaningful and purposeful activities or occupations. The primary goal of occupational therapy is to promote and enhance an individual’s independence and well-being by addressing physical, emotional, cognitive, and environmental factors that may affect their ability to engage in daily life activities.
- Lymphedema management
- Hand rehabilitation
- Low vision home assessments
- Stroke rehabilitation – fine motor and personal care
- Pediatric – mild-moderate sensory processing and developmental delays
- Orthopedic and sports injuries relating to the arm/hand
Speech therapy, also known as speech-language therapy or speech-language pathology, is a healthcare profession that focuses on the assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of communication and swallowing disorders. Speech therapists, or speech-language pathologists (SLPs), work with individuals of all ages, from children to adults, to help them overcome speech, language, and communication challenges.
- Cognitive assessment
- Video swallow
- Speech impairments and delays
LSVT Services – or the Lee Silverman Voice Treatment program was developed for the treatment of individuals with Parkinson’s Disease.
LSVT-BIG program is provided by physical and occupational therapy to improve mobility and movement in everyday function.
LSVT-LOUD is provided by speech therapy to improve communication in daily living.
Dry Needling Therapy
Dry needling is a skilled intervention used for the management of neuromuscular pain or movement impairments.
PAINFUL CONDITIONS THAT RESPOND WELL
- Neck, back and shoulder pain
- Arm/wrist pain (tennis elbow, carpal tunnel, golfer’s elbow)
- Headaches, Hip and leg pain, Plantar fasciitis Fibromyalgia, Repetitive motion disorders
- Common aches and pains
DRY NEEDLING CAN…
- Improve pain control
- Reduce muscular tension
- Normalize movement dysfunctions
- Improve rehabilitation outcomes
- Improve quality of life
Kara Tanking, PT, DPT , provides our Dry Needling services.
Our therapy staff works with you and your schedule to ensure you will receive consistent care from our rehabilitation professionals for the personalized, compassionate service you deserve.
REFERRALS ARE NOT NEEDED FOR THERAPY SERVICES.