Our Home Health And Hospice departments have moved to lower level of the Medical Pharmacy/Holton Dental building at 1100 Columbine Drive, Holton.
Hours: Monday- Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
If assistance is needed after hours call:
785-364-9625 and ask for the Home Health and Hospice on call nurse.
Holton Community Hospital Hospice is honored to offer end-of-life care to you or a loved one and family in Jackson County and surrounding areas as the only local agency. Hospice is widely recognized as the best kind of care when a person’s illness cannot be cured or aggressively treated. Our hospice team cares for patients living at home or in local nursing homes and includes a team of expert physicians, registered nurses, social workers, chaplains, and volunteers ready to assist you and your family.
We are proud to partner with Jackson County Friends of Hospice, the volunteer arm of our organization. The volunteers undergo extensive training and provide support as directed by the family.
Hospice is a philosophy of care that maximizes the quality of life when the quantity of life cannot be extended.
Holton Community Hospital Hospice embraces this philosophy by offering end-of-life care and support to you, your loved-one and family.
Beyond the Horizon Program
Please call 785-364-9617 for more information.
Our Hospice Objectives Include:
• Educating the community about end-of life care concerns, advanced care planning, and pain management.
• Educating the community about the death and dying process and the services offered through the Hospice program.
• Aiding the terminally ill person and the family in the struggle to maintain independence and experience death with dignity.
• Maintaining the dying person in the home as an alternative to institutional care, or an appropriate setting as determined by the patient and family.
• Providing care to meet the physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs of the whole person.
• Supplementing and coordinating community resources and programs on behalf of the client and his family.
• Allowing the dying person a life as full and free of pain as possible, and a death with dignity supported by those who love and care for him.
• Supporting the family throughout the grief process after the death of their loved one.
Jackson County Friends of Hospice Volunteers
Hospice volunteers are people who have been selected and trained to provide services to terminally ill persons and their families during one of the most stressful times of their lives. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please contact our office.
Jackson County Friends of Hospice is a member of:
~Kansas Hospice & Palliative Care Organization
~National Hospice & Palliative Care Organization
~Jackson County Chamber of Commerce
Jackson County Friends of Hospice has tax exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Donations and memorial contributions may qualify as tax deductions.
For TDD-TTY call
The Kansas Relay Center
1-800-766-3777 or 711