Holton Community Hospital History
Holton Community Hospital opened its doors on May 12th, 1938, led by Dr. Roy Moser and Dr. Ernest Moser. The original facility at 418 West 5th Street had to be expanded numerous times to meet increasing demands for bed space and health services.
Dr. Ross Moser joined the hospital staff in 1948, with another new wing the following year.
In 1966, the Mosers gave the hospital to the City of Holton. The demands of Medicare had made administrative work overwhelming, with less time for patient care. Under public ownership, the hospital was governed by a three-member elected board and managed by a full-time administrator. The name changed from Holton Hospital to Holton City Hospital.
Dr. Roy Moser and Dr. Ernest Moser retired from the hospital in 1972, and Dr. Ross Moser retired in 1985.
In 1990, the hospital changed its name to Holton Community Hospital to reflect the large area and populations served.
In 1993, the hospital started fundraising to construct an entirely new facility. Construction began in 1997 and the new facility opened its doors on January 4, 1999.
In September of 2019 we embarked on a major renovation and expansion project which brings us to our current facility.
We are proud to have cared for generations of our neighbors in northeast Kansas.
The Mission of Holton Community Hospital is to provide professionalism, compassion, and excellence in healthcare for a healthier community. We strive to meet our mission and are proud to serve our communities.
Hometown Heart. Personalized Care.
We serve our neighbors, family and friends everyday. And everyday we pride ourselves on personal connections and individualized care to our patients.